Oh, baby!

Hey peeps!

I really have to get more consistent with this writing and sharing thing. I guess it's kind of true to life: chaotic and random. :)

And just to add more to the chaos: we're expecting #4 in July!

Clockwise from top left: Boy Wonder, Sunshine, and Sparkles. Don't they look thrilled?
Reaction has been varied, but I have to say the well-wishes have outnumbered the shock and laughter. A couple of friends are expecting #3, and one is planning #4 as well, so I don't feel completely alone in the 2+ kids group.

I just hit the 16 week mark, and all is well. I'm back to feeling almost human as far as the exhaustion goes, and aside from a random running-to-the-bathroom-with-my-hands-over-my-mouth experience after lunch today, the "morning" sickness is close to gone. 

The kids are excited... well, as far as I can tell. Sunshine kind of just hits me in the gut whenever I bring up "baby".

Boy Wonder is celebrating his 6th birthday this Saturday. I can't believe I've been a mom that long. It feels like just yesterday I was calling The Hubster at work because Boy Wonder wouldn't stop crying and I didn't know what to do. A lot has changed in that time, and while I know we have a long way to go, I can't help but feel content in our path as a family. It's a fun time here in the mad house!

Looking back, I'm also glad at my growth as a mom, and as a friend... and as a person in general, I suppose. My pregnancies have all been varied, and my kids have developed in varying ways. It's given me a lot of insight to the fact that not all moms are the same, not all pregnancies are the same, and not all kids are the same. I guess I'm calmer now, in realizing I really don't have all the facts, every parent's journey is different (and that's ok) and I don't really know what to expect at every turn.

With that being said, I can't wait to welcome this new little booger to our fam! We're ready for a little more noise and fun, and a lot more love.

xoxo, Rosie


Comments

Popular Posts